McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC is seeking a REO Title Specialist who will be responsible for including but not limited to referrals, manual abstracting, title clearance and tax issues. The Title Specialist will be up to date on all Client SLAs and be astute when it comes to monitoring and maintaining client sites. A person in this position will be charged with effectively balancing their time to allow for the tasking required in all client sites and to be able to communicate with and assign tasks to teammates as required to meet client deadlines. Employee will have to continuously monitor their workload and be able to further communicate effectively with servicers, brokers and villages to obtain payoffs, statements and releases. The Title Specialist understands the importance of adherence to our clients’ strict requirements regarding the use of their websites, handling communication as well as meeting and exceeding the clients’ expectations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely and efficient completion of any and all REO Title tasks as dictated by their personal workload.
- Effective communication on all levels including but not limited to client contact, attorneys and servicers, monitoring of appropriate timelines as dictated by the REO client.
- The ability to appropriately update client sites in accordance with client SLA, the knowledge to accurately clear title and the ability to monitor and cleaqr active REO Title inboxes.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems that may arise on titles and properly assign those items for clearance.
- Ability ti clear items as dictated by workflow thereby having the knowledge to assess risk as they go about clearing clouds on title.
- Knowing when and how to disseminate information to all parties regarding said titles and possible risk management.
- Is adaptable to change as client requirements, departments and firm policies and law are constantly in motion.
- Has the ability to amend their processes as needed to accommodate said changes and takes the initiative to inform all necessary parties of such.
- Will demonstrate the ability to research and acquire information on a specific property (EX, Tax Bill, Paid Assessment letter, lien payoff) and be able to analyze each document to determine if the form is a valid claim, must be paid by the seller, or the ledger accurate?
- After determination, documentation needs to be presented to the client or appropriate party and approval for payment will be sought in order to take care of said issue.
- Employee must demonstrate effectively being able to communicate to many parties on a great number of levels
- Must have the ability to follow up regularly in order to achieve the desired outcome so as to be able to satisfy not only the firm but the client
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Some college preferred or the professional equivalent (3-5 years of experience in the Real Estate Industry).
- Title experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Analysis- Gather relevant information; consider broad range of issues and factors; perceive relationships among diverse information; and use logic effectively
- Communication- Able to clearly and concisely communicate information and message others. Ensure that the messages the sender intends to have received by others are the same as the ones that are received.
- Time management- Setting efficient work priorities; working on several tasks simultaneously; effectively balancing important and urgent - and short-term and long-term tasks.
- Planning and organizing- Developing comprehensive project claims; monitoring progress against goals; assigning clear responsibilities; and breaking work down into manageable portions
- Interpersonal- Must have the ability to work well with others as we succeed by garnering a "team" environment. Must have a willingness to pitch in when needed.
- Resourceful- Must have the ability to think beyond the "normal" solutions. Must be able to negotiate problems that arise with not only a practical approach, but sometimes more creative thinking is necessary to circumvent an unusual circumstance.
- Technologically savvy- Must be able to choose procedures, tools or equipment in order to find increased efficiency. Is not afraid to learn new programs or apply new technology to current tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.