The role of the Legal Assistant (First Legal Department) is to ensure the timely and accurate processing of foreclosure files from intake to complaint filing. The ideal candidate for this position will possess foreclosure experience, especially in the area of complaint drafting and filing. This is a vital role in our company and the ideal candidate will have to be well organized, possess a keen attention to detail, be a self -starter with excellent time management skills, and have excellent communication and follow up skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ability to review and understand title reports.
· Preparation of legal documents including but not limited to assignment of mortgage, lost note affidavits and complaints.
· Effectively communicate with clients and borrowers to ensure excellent customer service and accuracy of requests.
· Ensure all firm, client and court mandated deadlines are met.
· Appropriately maintain and process sensitive and confidential information.
· Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
This job does not require supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
· At least one year of work experience in a Foreclosure Firm
· Knowledge of complaint process is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Foreclosure experience in a law firm that has a high transaction volume is preferred
- Proficiency with excel and other Microsoft products
- BKFS, Vendorscape, LenStar and TEMPO experience preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Judicial foreclose process
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Overall good attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Must be very analytical and have excellent problem-solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a dynamic, growing firm, please submit your resume. Resume submissions will be considered confidential.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
**Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration***
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.