The Associate Attorney will report directly to the Managing Attorney of Illinois Foreclosure working 15-20 hours per week. Responsible for handling foreclosure and other related matters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to read loan documents in detail to identify loan documents missing and issues to address with client.
- Ability to communicate with client in a professional yet personal manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to turn around work in a fast, error free manner.
- Ability to begin preliminary start on files as soon as received and generate responses and review files within a 24 hour time frame.
- Ability to review title work within 24 – 48 hours of receipt of same, identify the issues and make full recommendations on how to correct them to client
- Ability to cure title issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to file a complaint on the note or sue guarantors.
- Ability to review title examination, pleadings, closing residential documents, foreclosure documents, respond to lender and agent requests.
- Motivated self starter, ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, flexible and personable.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education & Work Experience
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws.
- Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations.
- This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- 2-4 years of related experience in the Foreclosure area.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Overall good attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Detailed analytic experience and organizational skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.