Established premier law firm seeking Closer /Funder who will be responsible for reviewing title work, preparing closing documents, HUD-1 and Closing Disclosure Settlement Statements and funding/disbursing files to ensure timely closing of REO and non-default real estate transactions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review title work to ensure timely closing of REO and Retail Closing transactions.
- Coordinate with client/seller, agent(s), lender and vendors to process closings.
- Follow up on late title work and/or title curative on clearing issues.
- Follow up sellers/servicers on delivery timelines of required deeds.
- Be able to take a file from contract execution to post closing.
- Solve problems and offer solutions on files to assure closing within seller required timeframe.
- Submit payment approval request to sellers/servicers for items placed on Settlement Statement
- Communicate accurately and concisely with the client/seller, agent(s), lender, vendors, and county and municipal offices.
- Responsible for funding and dispersing escrows and balancing file.
- Draws instructions, balances closing, prepares documents for recording, issues checks and closing statements.
- Good understanding and familiarity with REO/Purchase/DIL/Short Sale transactions
- Must have exceptional writing skills:
- Must be motivated, able to multi-task, detail-oriented and personable:
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
Education & Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in default servicing industry.
- Prior experience working as a Closer in a title company is essential for this fast paced position.
- Closing experience required
- 3+ years escrow/title closing experience
- Knowledge of closing docs, and the ability to read and recognize special warranty deeds, loan documents, escrow documents and basic understanding of foreclosure procedures and documentation.
- Experience with RamQuest preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.