McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC (MRLP) currently has an excellent opportunity within its Litigation division for a Litigation Associate. MRLP has established itself as a National leader in representing some of the largest banks, mortgage lenders and investor clients in commercial and residential foreclosure, contract, title disputes and real estate litigation throughout its 15 state footprint. This position includes but is not limited to making appearances in court for routine and contested hearings, reviewing incoming referrals and developing case strategy, drafting documents and conducting settlement negotiations. The position allows the employee to work remote with a flexible schedule and provides exposure to a wide variety of interesting case assignments. The firm prides itself on providing a quality work/life balance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage case load of contested matters on behalf of residential and commercial mortgage lenders and investors.
- Appear in court and argue motions necessary to the successful completion of both routine and contested foreclosure, eviction, title disputes, HOA/COA disputes and other matters.
- Communicate with clients regularly for updates and case resolution.
- Analyze loan files, title reports and other client documents. Draft motions and prepare written discovery and responses.
- Collaborate with team members on strategy and resolution options
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- J.D. degree, licensed in Illinois and in good standing with the Illinois Bar
- Minimum 2 years relevant Litigation experience
- Knowledge of Illinois Code of Civil Procedure and Supreme Court Rules
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Effective time management and organization
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently or in a group/team setting
- Ability to interact and communicate well with clients, staff, peers and management of all levels
- Experience with title curative issues and replevin matters is a plus
- Knowledge of Illinois Mortgage Foreclosure Law is a plus
- Previous experience with foreclosure litigation involving residential and/or commercial property is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment. The firm offers the ability to work remotely with flexibility in daily scheduling.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the opportunity to work with a Nationwide leader in financial services litigation, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.
Please forward your resume and cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.