As an IT Report Analyst, your primary role is to design, develop and support firm-wide report requests. Other key roles include the ability to analyze, diagnose, find root cause of an issue and solve it or escalate the issue within our current reporting environment. This role is geared to deliver strategic reporting capability to many business units within our firm. This role will work directly with all levels of employees within our organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate business requirements into report designs
- Work directly with a variety of teams to include product owners, stakeholders, application developers, and database developers to analyze the data that is being requested, determine how/where to extract it out of the system and deliver it to the end user in a useable fashion.
- Assess, research, analyze, and resolve defects/issues with regards to current production reports.
- Enhance/Update current reports based on business requirements received via ticketing system or project requests.
- Development and Support of reports using Microsoft SSRS and Excel
- Development and Support of MS SQL serve code (e.g. stored procedures, views, functions, etc.)
- Perform ad-hoc queries on MS SQL and MySQL databases to extract real time data from various systems as requested by business.
- Create Tabular, Graphical, Drill-Down and Drill-through reports based on business requirements.
- Create consolidated reporting environment for all lines of business
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in related field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrable skills in data modeling, database design, and system architecture
- 5+ years development experience writing efficient SQL code for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher (preferably) or 2008 R2
- 5+ years development experience with Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012 or higher (preferably) or 2008 R2
- Strong skills in Excel 2013 or greater
- Power BI experience is a plus
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on projects
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent project/program planning skills
- Analytical capabilities, creative problem solving, and resourcefulness
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.