Represent mortgage lender and investor clients in foreclosure, title, eviction, and general real estate litigation. This position includes but is not limited to making appearances in state court for routine hearings, drafting and reviewing documents.
This is a shared position between Connecticut Foreclosure and Connecticut Evictions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage case load of foreclosure matters on behalf of mortgage lenders and investors.
- Appear in court and argue motions necessary to the successful completion of routine foreclosure, eviction, title, and other matters.
- Communicate with clients to ensure quality representation and implementation of all client directives.
- Collaborate with support staff for preparation and execution of legal documents used in foreclosure process.
- Analyze loan files, title reports and other client documents.
- Draft legal pleadings and correspondence in connection with mortgage foreclosure actions.
This job does not require supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- J.D. degree, licensed in Connecticut and in good standing with the Connecticut State Bar
- Minimum 1year motion practice experience
- Knowledge of Connecticut Mortgage Foreclosure Law
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- Keep confidences
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate written and oral
- Ability to work independently or in a group/team setting
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism amidst any challenges
- Ability to interact and communicate well with clients, staff, peers and management of all levels
- Ability to maintain positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.
Please forward your resume and cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.