The Associate Attorney will report directly to the Managing Partner of Non-Judicial Foreclosure and Title Clearance Department – South. They will work alongside the attorneys, and support staff in the Dallas, TX office and carry their own caseload. The right candidate is licensed in the state of Texas and will have worked as an Associate for at least five (5) years. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience as an attorney. Experience in real estate law, foreclosure, title, and/or financial services preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Detailed review of documentation related to non-judicial foreclosures to ensure compliance with state and federal law.
- Interpret loan documents in detail to identify missing items and issues to address with client.
- Communicate with clients in a professional and personable manner
- Self starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately in a high volume environment
- Review title reports within 24 – 48 hours of receipt of same, identify title issues, and make full recommendations on how to cure title issues to the client.
- Cure simple and complex title issues in a timely manner.
- Review title examinations, pleadings, loan documents, and foreclosure documents in order to evaluate, provide legal opinions, and rectify file level issues.
- Create, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, and other documents.
- Create, review, and edit all documents related to the foreclosure and title clearance process.
- Work effectively and congenially with a team of employees supporting the department.
- Work effectively and congenially with attorneys and other departments; promote interdepartmental cooperation.
- Ability to exercise professionalism and courtesy when faced with adversarial conversations and situations.
- Effectively monitor and move forward an independent caseload.
- Interpret, evaluate and apply independent judgment and decision making regarding file level legal and compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with vendors and other team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education & Work Experience
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws
- Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Requires membership and good standing with the TX State Bar
- 5+ years of related real estate, foreclosure, title, and/or financial services experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Manage a portfolio of files for clients.
- Ability to navigate throughout local and Texas jurisdictional requirements.
- Ability to courteously and professionally communicate with clients, vendors, team members, clerks or Judges in various counties as well as borrowers and defense attorneys.
- Must provide excellent customer service (internally and externally).
- Must be a self starter and possess good time-management abilities.
- Ability to travel occasionally to conduct trainings or attend industry events.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; have the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to change.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in internet research activities.
- Familiarity with case and document management software.
- Good understanding of policies and procedures of law.
- Ability to delegate, follow-up, and monitor tasks to completion.
- Ability to operate computer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier, typewriter, and telephone.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Job will entail occasional out of state travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a
comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with
your experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.