Job entails managing independent case load including civil litigation, title litigation, and potential eviction and bankruptcy matters. Court appearances expected with high level of preparation and competency. Will work with team of lawyers and paralegals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong character and positive attitude are absolute requirements.
- Initial intake and analysis on files as soon as received and generate strategy and budget within a 24 hour time frame.
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to draft civil litigation documents ranging from discovery to dispositive motions and client correspondence.
- Review chain of title, pleadings, foreclosure documents, and respond to lender and agent requests within a 24 hour time frame.
- Think on your feet and quickly shift task to task depending on daily needs.
- Make court appearances across Florida and provide same day client updates.
- Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents for compliance purposes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education & Work Experience
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws. Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations, normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and work experience.
- Membership in the State Bar of Florida required.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- 3-6 years of related experience in the mortgage area.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Motivated self starter, ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, flexible and personable
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Positive attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Detailed analytic experience and organizational skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.