Job entails reviewing title and drafting complaints, as well as managing a small case load of matters in the CT Foreclosure Mediation Program and Short Calendar matters, including preparation for and attendance at mediation and short calendar sessions, communication with clients and peers regarding case status and assisting with case strategy. Other Court appearances and document preparation associated with Mediation and all aspects of Foreclosure are expected, with a high level of preparation and competency. Will work with team of lawyers and paralegals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviewing title and drafting complaints.
- Provides clients with legal advice by conducting and directing review of each case and supporting law, including explaining all aspects of the mediation program and foreclosure process to clients
- Updating clients regarding case developments
- Maintains rapport with clients by making contact with clients; satisfying client needs
- Accomplishes work requirements by working with and providing legal guidance to legal assistants; monitoring case progress; drafting, preparing, and formatting memoranda, correspondence, assignments, motions, pleadings, affidavits, and various other legal documents.
- Strong character and positive attitude are absolute requirements.
- Must have strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Think on your feet and quickly shift task to task depending on daily needs.
- Make court and mediation session appearances across Connecticut
- Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, pleadings, and other documents for compliance purposes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of state and local laws. Ability to analyze standing orders, rules of court, statutes, case law and provide recommendations, normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and work experience.
- Membership in the State Bar of Connecticut required.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Independent daily travel to and from court and mediation sessions
- Ability to manage cases independently
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Motivated self starter, ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, flexible and personable
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Positive attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Detailed analytic experience and organizational skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments. If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.