This position includes but is not limited to managing any and all tasks associated with the legal process of foreclosure. The bulk of said tasks encompass timely correspondence with all interested parties, maintaining paper and electronic files, the utilization and maintenance of a variety of client systems, addressing incoming calls from a variety of sources as well as a large amount of customer service driven responsibilities. In this position you will need to possess the willingness to work in a team as well as the ability to be self-driven and work independently whenever needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting, preparing, and formatting memoranda, correspondence, motions, pleadings, affidavits, and various other legal documents.
- Familiarity with legal terminology.
- Fielding calls from borrowers, clients, and other outside parties in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ensuring timely, courteous, and thorough responses to a heavy volume of email correspondence.
- Developing and maintaining congenial relationships with business associates and clients.
- Consistently and accurately updating the firm’s internal case management system, as well as all clients systems.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients at every level of interaction.
- Providing support to attorneys in a high volume, time sensitive atmosphere.
- Providing regular and timely client status updates, as well as continual follow-up on outstanding documents and or services.
- Working knowledge of Connecticut Civil procedure preferred.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education & Work Experience
- Associates’ Degree or;
- Paralegal certificate and/or 2-3 years’ equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years’ administrative experience; preferably in the legal field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience with client systems such as LPS, Lenstar, Tempo, Vendorscape and others is preferred.
- Ability to proficiently operate computer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier and telephone is required.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with borrower, clients, attorneys, other internal employees, and outside parties.
- Must be able to work with others in a congenial and team-oriented manner.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; the position requires the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to continual change.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Good understanding of the legal process surrounding foreclosure preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a dynamic, growing firm, please submit your resume. Resume submissions will be considered confidential.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.