Job entails managing independent case load including creditor’s rights litigation, title litigation, and occasionally eviction matters. Court appearances expected with high level of preparation and competency. Will work with team of lawyers and paralegals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides clients with legal advice by conducting and directing legal research
- Updating clients regarding case developments
- Explaining legal concepts to clients
- Maintains rapport with clients by making contact with clients; satisfying client needs
- Accomplishes work requirements by assigning cases, and providing legal guidance to legal assistants; monitoring case progress.
- Strong character and positive attitude are absolute requirements.
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to draft civil litigation documents ranging from discovery to dispositive motions and client correspondence.
- Think on your feet and quickly shift task to task depending on daily needs.
- Make court appearances across Connecticut
- Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents for compliance purposes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Creditor’s right experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws. Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations, normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and work experience.
- Membership in the State Bar of Connecticut required.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- First chair trial experience preferred
- Ability to manage cases independently
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Motivated self starter, ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, flexible and personable
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Positive attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Detailed analytic experience and organizational skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a dynamic, growing firm, please submit your resume. Resume submissions will be considered confidential.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.