This position includes but is not limited to managing certain tasks associated with the legal documents and correspondence. The bulk of said tasks encompass timely correspondence with all interested parties, maintaining paper and electronic files, the utilization and maintenance of a variety of client systems, addressing calls from a variety of sources as well as a large amount of customer service driven responsibilities. In this position you will need to possess the willingness to work in a team as well as the ability to be self-driven and work independently whenever needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prompt response to internal client requests from paralegals and attorneys for service and assistance is required.
- Document scanning, copying and mailing.
- Timely and accurate filing of pleadings with multiple court systems.
- Consistently and accurately updating the firm’s internal case management system, as well as all clients systems.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of client and borrower information and firm processes.
- Ensuring timely, courteous, and thorough handling of heavy volume of incoming phone calls.
- Retrieving and responding to a variety of clients and internal firm requests via phone or email.
- Ensuring timely, courteous, and thorough responses to a heavy volume of email correspondence.
- Developing and maintaining congenial relationships with business associates and clients.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients at every level of interaction.
- Providing support to attorneys in a high volume, time sensitive atmosphere.
- Providing regular and timely client status updates, as well as continual follow-up on outstanding documents and or services.
- Working knowledge of civil procedure preferred but not required.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to carry 10 pounds or more.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Ability to proficiently operate computer, fax, scanner, copier and telephone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with borrower, clients, attorneys, other internal employees, and outside parties.
- Ability to work with others in a congenial and team-oriented manner.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills; the position requires the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to continual change.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in internet research activities.
- Basic familiarity with legal terminology is preferred.
- Good understanding of the legal process surrounding real estate and/or foreclosure is preferred.
Education & Work Experience
- High school degree required, 2-4 year college degree preferred.
- Must have 2-3 years’ of relevant experience or have recently graduated from college.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a dynamic, growing firm, please submit your resume and reference the JOB ID number #O-NJ 12.19. Resume submissions will be considered confidential.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.