The Evictions department manages evictions for several Mortgage Service Companies, Banks, and Servicers to ensure the timely completion of eviction actions. We do this through a proprietary web based system which monitors files on a specific milestone basis.
The Legal Assistant will handle a variety of duties on a daily basis to ensure the assigned files receive necessary attention, as well as, provide excellent quality service to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides assistance by obtaining information and/or documents necessary to ensure timely completion of the eviction file process.
- Provides updates to clients during the eviction process
- Has regular contact with Clients, Paralegals, and Attorneys
- Return emails and phone calls
Education & Work Experience
- College Degree Preferred
- Law Office Experience Preferred
- Eviction Experience Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent customer service and verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to communicate with attorneys.
- Understanding of eviction law and local jurisdictional requirements.
- Proficient in software tools including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Detailed analytic experience and organizational skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.