This position includes but is not limited to managing certain tasks associated with legal documents and correspondence. Most of the tasks encompass timely correspondence with all interested parties, maintaining paper and electronic files, the utilization and maintenance of a variety of client systems, copying and scanning, addressing calls from a variety of sources as well as a large amount of customer service driven responsibilities. In this position you will need to possess the willingness to work in a team as well as the ability to be self-driven, communicate well and work independently.
Duties & Responsibilites
- Promptly responding to internal client requests from paralegals and attorneys for service and assistance.
- Document scanning, copying and mailing.
- Consistently and accurately updating the firm’s internal case management system, as well as clients systems.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of client and borrower information and firm processes.
- Retrieving and responding to a variety of clients and internal firm requests via phone or email.
- Learning basic legal documents and terminology.
- Ensuring timely, courteous, and thorough responses to a heavy volume of email correspondence.
- Developing and maintaining congenial relationships with business associates and clients.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients at every level of interaction.
- Providing support to attorneys and paralegals in a high volume, time sensitive atmosphere.
- Providing regular and timely client status updates, as well as continual follow-up on outstanding documents and or services.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to carry 10 pounds or more
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must have high-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Must have the ability to proficiently operate computer, scanner, copier and telephone.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Must have be able to communicate courteously and effectively with borrower, clients, attorneys, other internal employees, and outside parties.
- Must be able to work with others in a congenial and team-oriented manner.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; the position requires the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to continual change.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- High school degree required.
- College degree very strongly preferred.
- Must have recently graduated from college or have relevant experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. This is a full-time position Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a dynamic, growing firm, please submit your resume. Resume submissions will be considered confidential.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.