Job entails managing all administrative tasks of legal cases. These tasks generally include editing and preparing correspondence and legal documents, maintaining electronic files, arranging depositions, correspondence, heavy calendaring. Will work with multiple paralegals and attorneys in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and format memoranda, correspondence, and other legal credentials. Independently draft standard routine pleadings, correspondence, and other documents.
- Read and electronically profile e-mails,
- File pleadings via legal messenger or electronically with courts.
- Maintain superior public relations with business associates and clients.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, depositions, and other meetings for an attorney.
- Assist in scheduling of seminars, industry dinners or luncheons, and other functions as requested.
- Work closely with other staff members in a team-familiarized manner.
- Work closely with paralegals for maintaining structured and comprehensive file indexes and case files.
- Proofread legal documents as required.
- Litigation Paralegal will provide support to the Legal Team in a high volume, time sensitive atmosphere.
- Provide service updates; client status updates; follow-up on outstanding documents and or services; coordinate with title contacts to complete outstanding tasks such as recordings; missing documents
- Draft and generate pleadings such as Complaints; Motions; Notice of Hearings; Affidavits; Defaults; Notice of Actions; Notice of Publications
- Manage and organize production of documents; identify privileged documents
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or legal experience, preferred
- Paralegal Certificate is a plus, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Provide legal support to attorneys and team.
- Manage a portfolio of files for clients.
- Ability to navigate throughout California state and federal jurisdictional requirements.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with clerks or Judges in various courts, defense attorneys.
- Must provide excellent customer service (internally and externally).
- Must be a self starter and possess good time-management abilities.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; have the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to change.
- Ability to read and write for proof reading and editing purposes.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in internet research activities.
- Familiarity with case and document management software.
- Good understanding of policies and procedures of law.
- Ability to transcribe correspondence and reports, legal documents.
- Ability to operate computer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier, typewriter, and telephone.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments. If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.
Please forward your resume and cover letter for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.