Job entails managing all administrative tasks associated with the legal process of foreclosure. These tasks generally include preparing and editing correspondence and legal documents, maintaining paper and electronic files, correspondence, updating client systems, fielding calls from clients, borrowers and other outside parties. The position requires substantial coordination with other legal assistants and attorneys in multi-disciplinary team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafting, preparing, proofreading, and formatting memoranda, correspondence, legal notices, deeds, assignments, financial transactions, and various other legal documents.
- Ensuring the effective and timely delivery of outgoing mail, messenger deliveries, overnight deliveries, and document recordings/retrievals.
- Fielding calls from borrowers, clients, and other outside parties in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ensuring timely, courteous, and thorough responses to a heavy volume of email correspondence.
- Developing and maintaining congenial relationships with business associates and clients.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients at every level of interaction, including timely client status updates and follow-up on outstanding documents and/or services.
- Consistently and accurately update the firm’s internal case management system, as well as all client systems.
- Providing support to attorneys in a high volume, time sensitive atmosphere.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree, and/or 1-3 years’ relevant administrative/legal work experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with borrower, clients, attorneys, other internal employees, and outside parties.
- Must be able to work with others in a congenial and team-oriented manner.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; the position requires the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to continual change.
- Ability to read and write at a high level for proof reading and editing purposes.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Familiarity with case and document management software
- Experience with systems such as CaseAware, LoanSphere, Tempo, and others is preferred.
- Good understanding of the legal process surrounding foreclosure preferred.
- Experience with review of title reports and identifying chain of title issues preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which
includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.