The role of the Trust Accountant is to ensure the timely and accurate processing of client funds. The ideal candidate for this position will possess an understanding of GAAP accounting principles and have strong Excel capabilities. In addition, strong written and verbal communication skills and complex bank reconciliation experience is a must. They must be able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere while managing multiple priority tasks.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record deposits, confirm amounts, and process disbursements for multiple Trust Bank Accounts
- Complete all assigned bank reconciliations, including 3-way reconciliations, promptly and within first two days of Monthly Close period
- Oversee the escheating process related to all Trust accounts
- Work closely with third party contractors assisting with selected bank reconciliations
- Be able to read, construct, and manipulate large amounts of data in Excel with efficiency
- Basic knowledge of debits and credits and be able to create journal entries
- Ensure general ledger entries are up to date and accurate
- Maintain telephone /email contact with a variety of individuals which may include but are not limited to business unit leaders, A/R specialists, A/P specialists and the Senior Treasurer
- Respond timely to inquiries from internal and external clients
- Assist management in research and balancing activities
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at lease 3 years recent experience in accounting or possess an bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Must have reconciled many bank accounts on monthly basis
- Created, modified and maintained Advanced Excel files with pivot tables, VLOOKUPs / other data/text functions, and user-focused formatting
- Prior experience working with trust accounts, escrow accounts or escheating funds is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must possess knowledge of General Acceptable Accounting Principals (GAAP)
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Having a working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus
- Overall good attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch This employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.