Represent mortgage lender and investor clients in foreclosure, title, eviction, and general real estate litigation. This position includes, but is not limited to making appearances in state and federal court for routine and contested hearings, reviewing incoming litigation and developing case strategy, drafting documents and conducting settlement negotiations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and litigate volume case load of contested matters on behalf of mortgage lenders and investors.
- Appear in court and argue motions necessary to the successful completion of both routine and contested foreclosure, eviction, title, and other matters.
- Communicate with clients to insure quality representation and implementation of all client directives.
- Collaborate with support staff for preparation and execution of legal documents used in litigation process.
- Analyze loan files, title reports and other client documents. Draft motions and prepare written discovery and responses.
- Research and analyze difficult client cases and collaborate with Managing Partner for client advice and resolution.
Education & Work Experience
- J.D. degree, licensed in New York and in good standing with the New York Bar.
- Minimum 2-4 years relevant Litigation experience
- Minimum 2-4 years motion practice experience
- Knowledge of New York Mortgage Foreclosure Law
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- Keep confidences
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate written and oral
- Ability to work independently or in a group/team setting
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism amidst any challenges
- Ability to interact and communicate well with clients, staff, peers and management of all levels
- Ability to maintain positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.