Represent mortgage servicer and investor clients in foreclosure, title and general real estate litigation, including consumer claims directly against the firm’s clients. This position includes, but is not limited to, making appearances in state and federal court for routine and contested hearings, reviewing incoming litigation and developing case strategy, drafting documents, conducting discovery and settlement negotiations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and handle case load of contested foreclosures, defensive litigation and ancillary matters on behalf of mortgage servicers and investors.
- Analyze loan files, title reports, and other client documents.
- Draft motions, pleadings, settlement agreements, discovery demands and responses.
- Appear in court for settlement and case management conferences, and to argue motions.
- Communicate with clients to insure quality representation and implementation of all client directives, including electronic communication through various online portals used by clients.
- Collaborate with support staff for preparation and execution of documents to be signed by the client, filed with the court and/or for internal or client reporting purposes.
- Research and analyze difficult client cases and collaborate with partners as to client advice and potential resolution.
- Create matter budgets and seek fee approval from clients as per their requirements; track billable and non-billable time.
This job does not require supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- J.D. degree, bar license in good standing in New York is required; New Jersey license preferred.
- Minimum 2 years relevant litigation experience
- Knowledge of New York Mortgage Foreclosure Law and practice
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- Keep confidences
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate written and oral
- Ability to work independently or in a group/team setting
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism amidst any challenges
- Ability to interact and communicate well with clients, staff, peers and management of all levels
- Ability to maintain positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.