Provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution support and technical guidance to end users. Document, test, create or modify computer systems, instructions and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain network infrastructure/desktop and server operating systems and other applications used by the firm.
- Support and monitor servers / network infrastructure.
- Proactively identify opportunities to correct network infrastructure failures/anomalies. Collaborate within Information Services and interact with Service Desk and appropriate department resources to keep systems operational 24×7
- Analyze and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefits of all systems to ensure firm operability and profitability. Generate practical solutions to problems while maximizing existing resources.
- Assimilate new technologies, information and methods needed to maintain servers and network infrastructure.
- Knowledge and use
of the following Systems Admin technologies:
- Windows Server Operating Systems, Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 preferred
- Active Directory & Group Policy experience
- Moderate Hypervisor/VMware/Nutanix knowledge (AHV or ESXi preferred)
- Beginner to moderate SAN storage systems knowledge
- Microsoft Office 365 (email)
- Moderate to Advanced Backup expertise
- Microsoft System Center Suite 2012 or 2016 (SCCM, SCSM, SCOM)
- Basic SharePoint O365 (cloud-based)
- Cloud Computing (Azure) preferred
- Some experience with networking components: switches, VPN
- Sophos AV (or similar products)
- Document status, progress notes and resolutions in service desk tracking system. Document and implement job aids, instructional materials and test plans.
- Review and troubleshoot reported incidents in Orlando and service requests daily. Identify, diagnose and resolve technical support issues with end users within prioritized timeline. Respond to user requests and determine nature and extent of support needed
- Able to handle administrative duties within application.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a wide range of selected software, hardware and accessory components.
- Consult with end users to determine hardware, software and/or system function specifications, identify technical assistance requirements and advise users on service requests and service tickets.
- Perform hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as required.
- Triage and complete operation service requests, including but not limited to hardware repair, toner replacements, printers, PC optimization, PC set-ups, telephone set-ups and user account management. Manage and/or work closely with service vendors on site or over the phone to provide direction in order to ensure continuity of services.
- Provide technical equipment and set up for laptops, projectors, and other media, for staff presentations, meetings or training.
- Escalate technical support issues that cannot be addressed by the Service Desk to the appropriate IT resource.
- Facilitate procurement activities. Identify hardware, software, server and mobility hardware and services needs/requirements. Develop price quote information and execute purchases per approvals. Manage documentation of hardware inventories and licenses.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
Education & Work Experience
- 1-3 years experience in a Windows desktop support role;
- 1-3 years experience in a Windows Server OS support role;
- 1-3 years experience with Cisco networking and telecoms.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Technical/Functional Expertise: (Globally) – Possesses current knowledge of: Windows server technologies (2008R2 to 2019); Active Directory; VMware/AHV virtualization; Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Microsoft cloud-based systems (O365, Azure) familiarity; Veeam/Cohesity backup software; SAN systems exposure; working knowledge of network systems (Cisco/Palo Alto) and Disaster Recovery. Can assess a situation, troubleshoot failures, and keep firm systems running properly. Serving the IS department in a level 2 and level 3 support capacity. Basic knowledge of system logging software and firewalls.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: (Locally) – Expert with computer/laptop hardware and software, a variety of printers and a variety of applications. Proficient in mobility tools and services. Strong installation, configuration and troubleshooting ability. High technical expertise to effectively handle accurate IS technical procurement activities. Exercises sound professional judgment in analysis of problems in order to properly resolve them.
- Customer/Client Focus – Able to clearly and concisely communicate written and verbal information and messages to others in a technical and non-technical manner depending on the audience. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to delivery consistent, professional communications. Strong communications skills to effectively consult with end users to provide explanation, guidance and direction on requests and issues.
- Analysis – Detail oriented. Able to gather relevant information. Able to consider broad range of issues and factors. Able to perceive relationships among diverse technology. Able to use logic effectively. Able to analyze user requirements and issues accurately and proactively.
- Time Management – Able to set work priorities and make decisions around workload. Able to work on several tasks simultaneously. Able to identify priorities and manage time appropriately to complete them.
- Planning and Organizing – Able to plan workload in order to meet Firm and IT Department objectives around workload. Able to use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans. Able to create and follow system and applications test plans. Able to organize to ensure all workload is completed within SLAs.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, with the skills to manage competing demands. Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events effectively.
- Resourcefulness – Is forward thinking and able to use creativity, probing and research skills. Is flexible and innovative in utilizing methods and resources. Is not wedded to a specific approach and remains open minded to ideas and approaches of collaborators.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010/2013/2016.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10, Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Active Directory user and security group management
- iOS (iPhone) and Android configuration and troubleshooting
- Expert understanding of desktop and laptop hardware components
- Cisco/Palo Alto knowledge
- System Center Service Manager (SCSM)
- Hypervisor Experience (VMWare/Nutanix/Hyper-V)
- Experience / familiarity with telecommunication systems (Ring Central)
- Expert Server/PC Hardware Repair
- Audiovisual Equipment (Conference phones, Videoconferencing, Videoconferencing Management Systems, Flat Screen Displays)
- Mobile Devices and Telecommunications Services Associated with Devices (smartphones)
- Great understanding with all Firms applications, systems, network, etc. (OTJ training)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.