Job entails managing independent case load including civil litigation, title litigation, and potential eviction and bankruptcy matters. Court appearances expected with high level of preparation and competency. Will work with team of lawyers and paralegals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong character and positive attitude are absolute requirements.
- Initial intake and analysis on files as soon as received and generate strategy and budget within a 24 hour time frame.
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to draft civil litigation documents ranging from discovery to dispositive motions and client correspondence.
- Review chain of title, pleadings, foreclosure documents, and respond to lender and agent requests within a 24 hour time frame.
- Think on your feet and quickly shift task to task depending on daily needs.
- Make court appearances across Georgia and provide same day client updates.
- Write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents for compliance purposes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education & Work Experience
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws. Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations, normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and work experience.
- Membership in the State Bar of Georgia required.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- 2+ years of related experience in the mortgage area.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Minimum Associates Degree in legal services or at least 2 years of experience as a legal assistant.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with borrower, clients, attorneys, other internal employees, and outside parties.
- Must be able to work with others in a congenial and team-oriented manner.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; the position requires the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to continual change.
- Ability to read and write at a high level for proof reading and editing purposes.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in internet research activities.
- Familiarity with case and document management software
Experience with client systems such as Loansphere, Lenstar, Clairfire, Tempo, Vendorscape and others is preferred.
- Good understanding of the legal process surrounding foreclosure preferred.
- Experience with review of title reports and identifying chain of title issues preferred.
- Ability to proficiently operate computer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier, typewriter, and telephone is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a dynamic, growing firm, please submit your resume. Resume submissions will be considered confidential.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.