The role of the Billing Specialist is to ensure the timely and accurate processing of all legal case file relating billing and invoicing. The ideal candidate for this position will possess general accounting knowledge, and law firm experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation of invoices using a law firm-based asset management system
- Review invoices through client electronic databases
- Preparation of fees and costs quotes to clients and staff
- Resolve discrepancies through interaction with appropriate departments and clients
- Maintain frequent telephone contact with a variety of individuals which may include but are not limited to clients, A/R specialists, A/P specialists
- Ability to create and maintain daily and monthly reports as requested by Management
- Timely response to inquiries from internal and external clients
- Effective communication with clients to ensure accuracy of fee request and invoicing
- Research and investigate customer account issues, monitor and control non-payments, delayed payments, and other anomalies
- Serve as primary liaison between internal and external clients on accounts receivable matters
- Assist team members in resolving past due balances through customer contact account reconciliation and payment processing
- Help to ensure internal control procedures are followed
- Research and respond to client and attorney concerns to resolve discrepancies in billing
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed
This job does not require the exercise of supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years associate degree in Accounting or related filed preferred but not required, or high school diploma and completion of Accounting I and II college credits
- At least two tears off work experience in Accounting, Bookkeeping, Billing and/or Invoicing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must possess knowledge of General Acceptable Accounting Principals (GAAP)
- Intermediate Proficiency Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects;
- Overall good attitude and willingness to adapt to change;
- Must possess good organizational skills;
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Balances team and individual responsibilities;
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness;
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality;
- Must be very analytical and have excellent problem solving skills;
- Extensive billing experience with a law firm that has a high transaction volume is preferred;
- Proficient with V-Lookups and creating Pivots is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.