This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the cash application efforts of approximately $120m in annual customer receipts for McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and track completion of all cash work to ensure objectives are met
- Establish policies and procedures to help staff manage the day-today cash application process to adhere to firm goals
- Supervise a staff of 1
- Assist in daily and monthly cash reconciliation process
- Apply high volumes of cash remittances, consisting of checks, ACH, wires; daily, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Perform research and initiate resolution of unapplied cash items
- Apply credit memos, facilitate and document refund requests
- Communicate with clients, operational teams, and financial teams to complete duties.
- Identify and work issues to closure.
- Communicate root cause issues with leadership team.
- Ability to complete special projects as assign
- Conduct performance appraisals
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3 years high volume cash application with management experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong computer skills, including strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and the Internet required.
- Experience with legal (billing/invoicing applications preferred, in particular CoreLogic iClear and LPS Invoice Management.
- Knowledge of accounting software applications. Experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Comfortable communicating with clients and senior management.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills required.
- Organized and has the ability to multi-task.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work under pressure and take on additional responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the mortgage service industry including bankruptcy, foreclosure, and eviction processes preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.