Job entails managing all administrative tasks associated with the invoicing and funds processing related to the foreclosure process. These tasks generally include editing and preparing correspondence, maintaining paper and electronic files, updating internal systems & client systems, fielding calls from clients and other outside parties, processing funds received related to loan payoffs, reinstatements, and foreclosure sales, submitting fee approval requests, and creating invoices. The position requires substantial coordination with other legal assistants, and attorneys in multi-disciplinary team environment. This position is “in office” due to responsibilities surrounding processing funds.
- Drafting, preparing, and formatting memoranda, correspondence, and various other documents.
- Preparing accurate accountings of fund disbursements.
- Disbursing funds accurately and timely.
- Ensuring the effective and timely creation of invoices and backup.
- Fielding calls from clients and other outside parties in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ensuring timely, courteous, and thorough responses to a heavy volume of email correspondence.
- Developing and maintaining congenial relationships with business associates and clients.
- Consistently and accurately updating the firm’s internal case management system, as well as all clients systems.
- Processing funds in an accurate and timely manner.
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients at every level of interaction.
- Proofreading documents and disbursement memos as required.
- Providing support to attorneys in a high volume, time sensitive atmosphere.
- Substantial coordination with accounting department re: invoice denials and research.
- Submitting and obtaining fee approvals along with accompanying follow up.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as needed.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Minimum Associates Degree in legal services or accounting/billing, or at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively with clients, attorneys, other internal employees, and outside parties.
- Must be able to work with others in a congenial and team-oriented manner.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; the position requires the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to continual change.
- Ability to read and write at a high level for proof reading and editing purposes.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in internet research activities.
- Familiarity with case and document management software
- Experience with client systems such as Loansphere, Lenstar, Clairfire, Tempo, Vendorscape and others is preferred.
- Good understanding of the legal process surrounding foreclosure preferred.
- Ability to proficiently operate computer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier, typewriter, and telephone is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a dynamic, growing firm, please submit your resume. Resume submissions will be considered confidential.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
**Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration***
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.