As a IT Project Manager, you will work closely with the business, and technical teams to manage cross-functional business and IT projects. This team member will report directly to the Director of the PMO. They will need to have the ability to work closely with senior stakeholders, business analysts, developers, testers and others to ensure overall project success. Project management lifecycle understanding with Waterfall and Agile methodologies is needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project Intake/Initiation
- Takes part in the PMO Intake process by developing Project Charters and Kickoff Presentations
- Project Governance (Includes the following areas in respect to the individual project):
- Develops Core Team and manages full lifecycle project communication plan and escalation
- Perform Scrum Master duties to ensue Product/Sprint Backlog Items are groomed and managed
- Manage all Issues, Risks and Changes; i.e., resolution and mitigation plans, change requests
- Time Management (holding task owners and management accountable for their assigned work)
- Quality Management, Manages QA and UAT efforts
- Delivery and Execution of ALL project milestones and deliverables
- Presentation ability also fits into this area
- Reporting and Measurement
- Owns all Project level reporting. Follows PMO reporting standards and timelines to ensure accurate and timely reporting of project status.
- Client / Business Alignment
- Partners with the business and act as the liaison between the customer and IT
- Build communication channels with the business and executive stakeholders
- Assures business satisfaction and quality delivery against expected business success criteria
- Assure business acceptance of scope, budget and schedule
- Problem Solving and Resolution outside of the standard project issue lifecycle
- NOT just logging issues, Able to take full ownership of issue and develop detail resolution path
- Understands ACTIONABLE Resolution Plans and managing the project team to achieve results
This job does not require direct supervisory responsibilities; however, will have matrix responsibilities developing and managing project teams. They will be responsible to ensure individual project task owners completes work on schedule as planned.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience
- PMP or CSM is a plus, yet not required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills are essential
- Ability to process information, take direction and deliver actionable results with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working within an Agile development project lifecycle
- Ability to develop MS PowerPoint presentations and present them to senior executives
- High attention to detail including precise and effective communication and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Are results driven and can lead/drive solutions
- Experience with Jira is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your in confidence.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.