The Contract Attorney will report directly to the Managing Partner of Foreclosure South. They will work alongside the attorneys, and support staff in the Roswell, Georgia office (or remotely/hybrid). The right candidate is licensed in the state of Georgia and will have worked as an Associate for at least two (2) years. The candidate should have a minimum of 2 years experience in Georgia title report review and title clearance. Experience in title review/clearance is required. The position requires substantial coordination with staff and other attorneys in multi-disciplinary team environment. The position is contract and hourly. Hours are flexible. Open to full or part time. Assignment estimated to be 3-6 months in duration but potentially could be longer or become permanent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately in a high-volume environment
- Review title reports within 24 – 48 hours of receipt of same, identify title issues, and make full recommendations on how to cure title issues to the client.
- Review title examinations, pleadings, loan documents, and foreclosure documents in order to evaluate, provide legal opinions, and rectify file level issues.
- Enter data and set out issues/recommendations in internal case management system and client systems.
- Create, review, and edit documents title clearance process.
- Communicate with outside attorney and other parties regarding curative measures.
- Conduct curative research.
- Communicate with Insurers as necessary.
- Work effectively and congenially with a team of employees supporting the department.
- Work effectively and congenially with attorneys and other departments; promote interdepartmental cooperation.
- Ability to exercise professionalism and courtesy when faced with adversarial conversations and situations.
- Effectively monitor and move forward an independent caseload.
- Interpret, evaluate and apply independent judgment and decision making regarding file level legal and compliance issues.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with vendors and other team members to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education and Work Experience:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws
- Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Requires membership and good standing with the GA State Bar
- Minimum 2 years of related to Georgia Title Review and Title Clearance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Manage a portfolio of files for clients.
- Ability to navigate throughout local and Georgia jurisdictional requirements.
- Intimate knowledge of Georgia Title Standards.
- Ability to courteously and professionally communicate with clients, vendors, team members, insurers, clerks or Judges in various counties as well as borrowers and defense attorneys.
- Must provide excellent customer service (internally and externally).
- Must be a self starter and possess good time-management abilities.
- Ability to travel occasionally to conduct trainings or attend industry events.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills; have the ability to multi-task and be adaptable to change.
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in internet research activities.
- Familiarity with case and document management software and ability to navigate various systems of record and other technology with ease.
- Good understanding of policies and procedures of law.
- Ability to delegate, follow-up, and monitor tasks to completion.
- Ability to operate computer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier, typewriter, and telephone.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Job will entail occasional out of state travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.