Under general supervision, performs all review and curative functions in support of clearing titles for all states serviced. This person will perform tasks that require knowledge/skill to identify curative issues and resolve in a timely manner. The position requires substantial coordination with other staff and attorneys in multi-disciplinary team environment. In office preferred but remote or hybrid remote opportunities available based experience level.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine title for problems that may impair the transfer of ownership of real property
- Set out and articulate title issues requiring attorney review/clearance
- Review chain of assignments and determine curative actions needed
- Review internal and external case management systems for additional title information
- Communicate needed curative measures clearly and concisely to appropriate teams
- Communicate with outside law firms and agencies to resolve title issues
- Prepare affidavits and other curative documents for attorney review
- Manage a portfolio of curative files for processing and tracking
- Update internal case management system, as required, thoroughly and accurately
- Interact and clearly communicate with attorneys, foreclosure teams, and curative staff
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree or Bachelor‘s degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in Foreclosure, Title, and Mortgage servicing industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of title, particularly evaluating chain of ownership, secured interests, and chain of assignments
- Understanding of various title issues and curative measures on title, i.e. tax liens, probate, missing interests, legal description defects, etc.
- Basic understanding of foreclosure procedures and documentation
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced, high volume practice
- Overall good attitude and willingness to adapt to change
- Must possess good organizational skills and have the ability to meet deadlines
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and thoroughly
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.