The Senior Payroll Administrator position manages processes, people management, data entry management, reporting skills, compensation and wage structure, benefits administration oversight, worker compensation, developing payroll policies and procedures, financial skills, accounting and ensure regulatory compliance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities encompass the full scope of Payroll functions and include among others labor relations, on boarding and off boarding, policies and procedures, compensation and classification.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, garnishments, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, vacation, sick leave deductions, garnishments, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Interpret, evaluate and apply independent judgment and decision-making regarding staff policies and procedures, planning, monitoring, counseling and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Will perform other duties and responsibilities as needed.
This job may occasionally require the exercise of supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university preferred; FPC or CPP certification preferred.
- Experience with multiple payroll vendors (i.e. ADP WFN, Paylocity, Paycom)
- Knowledge of multiple state jurisdiction employment law.
- 5-7 years HR experience, preferably with corporate/legal groups.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills (using grammatically correct written English and accurate typing) to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of and ability to interpret and apply local, state, and federal employment laws, including FMLA/CFRA/PDL/ADA/FEHA.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- In-depth knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing
- Experience using computer spreadsheets and database application for report generation.
- Solid Financial acumen
- Experience with a variety of data processing software and relational database systems for data retrieval, analysis and review.
- Ability to increase skills and knowledge to facilitate the use of new systems and updated applications.
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing; problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Delegation; decision-making
- Experience and knowledge in conflict resolution, counseling, mediation, and knowledge of resources for crisis intervention.
- Proven ability to research, gather and organize information to produce concise reports using various resources.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with your experience and accomplishments.
If you posses the requisite qualifications and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.