We are seeking a Sr Network Engineer/Firewall Admin to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for ensuring the health, stability and integrity of company Intranet and Internet connectivity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data networks
- Configure, monitor, maintain and replace network nodes that support core organizational functions.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and system performance
- Participate and perform lead engineering duties on new technologies and projects
- Perform network modeling and analysis
- Provide a departmental and procedural bridge between the network infrastructure and the System Admin / Development teams (DevOps).
- Define blueprint designs for business technology initiatives
- Enforce policies for standardizing systems
- Monitor and maintain network node infrastructure, firewalls and client VPN solutions.
- Research, plan and complete assigned information technology project tasks in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify opportunities to correct network infrastructure failures/anomalies.
- Collaborate within Information Services and interact with Service Desk and appropriate department resources to keep network connectivity operational 24×7
- Analyze and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefits of all Intranet and Internet access to ensure firm operability and profitability.
- Generate practical solutions to problems while maximizing existing resources.
- Identify and assimilate new technologies, information and methods needed to maintain connectivity between employees, servers and network overall infrastructure.
- Provide procedural and best-practice guidance between the IT Infrastructure and Development teams.
- Governance of the connectivity between the TEST / DEVELOPMENT and production environments
- Serve as Network Engineering security advisor within the IT Security & Compliance department.
- Work with IT security on the IT Risk Self-assessment improvements/remediation and attend client audits on behalf of IT Security & Compliance as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems
- Equivalent job experience and knowledge of Cisco CCNP and Palo Alto PCNSA certifications
- 5-7 years experience in a Network Engineering role;
- 5-7 years experience in a Network and Firewall admin node role;
- 5-7 years experience with networking, security and telecoms
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience preferred
- Proficient with: Cisco routing and switching, firewall administration, IT Security, Solarwinds admin
- HA solutions from remote offices to CoLo’s and Internet, HA within CoLo’s to Server and Storage systems, Backups / Disaster Recovery, Splunk familiarity, Wireshark, Solarwinds (NTA, NPM and NCM), Palo Alto Firewall / Panorama, Cisco platforms, Microsoft Windows OS Versions, Cloud Computing (Azure)
- Familiarity with architectural specifications
- Familiarity with researching communication networks
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.