Duties & Responsibilities
- First line support for all end user IS requests, including but not limited to computer and laptop, printers, software and mobility requests.
- Review and troubleshoot reported incidents and service requests daily. Identify, diagnose and resolve technical support issues with end users within prioritized timeline. Respond to user requests and determine nature and extent of support needed.
- Document status, progress notes and resolutions in service desk tracking system. Document and implement job aids, instructional materials and test plans.
- Proficient or familiar with Microsoft’s System Center Service Manager for ticketing.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot a wide range of selected software, hardware and accessory components.
- Consult with end users to determine hardware, software and/or system function specifications, identify technical assistance requirements and advise users on service requests and service tickets.
- Perform hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as required.
- Triage and complete operation service requests, including but not limited to hardware repair, toner replacements, printers, PC optimization, PC/Thin Client set-ups, telephone set-ups and user account management. Manage and/or work closely with service vendors on site or over the phone to provide direction in order to ensure continuity of services.
- Provide technical equipment and set up for laptops, projectors, and other media, for staff presentations, meetings or training.
- Escalate technical support issues that cannot be addressed by the Service Desk to the appropriate IT resource.
- Facilitate procurement activities. Identify hardware, software, server and mobility hardware and services needs/requirements. Develop price quote information and execute purchases per approvals. Manage documentation of hardware inventories and licenses.
- Participate in the on-call rotation, providing Tier 1 end-user support and triaging in the event of a major issue.
- Knowledge and use of the following Systems Admin technologies:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills Active Directory & Group Policy experience
- System Center Service Manager (SCSM) and System Center Config Manager (SCCM)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite 2016
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 10
- Experience / familiarity with telecommunication systems (Ring Central)
- Active Directory user and security group management
- Expert PC Hardware Repair
- iOS (iPhone) and Android configuration and troubleshooting
- Audiovisual Equipment (Conference phones, Videoconferencing, Videoconferencing Management Systems, Flat Screen Displays)
- Expert understanding of desktop and laptop hardware components
- Mobile Devices and Telecommunications Services Associated with Devices (smartphones)
- General networking concepts
- Great understanding with all Firms applications, systems, network, etc. (OTJ training)
Education & Work Experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in IT
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Technical/Functional Expertise – Expert with computer/laptop hardware and software, a variety of printers, and a variety of applications. Proficient in mobility tools and services. Strong installation, configuration and troubleshooting ability. High technical expertise to effectively handle accurate IS technical procurement activities. Exercises sound professional judgment in analysis of problems in order to properly resolve them.
- Customer/Client Focus – Able to clearly and concisely communicate written and verbal information and messages to others in a technical and non-technical manner depending on the audience. Exceptional interpersonal skills. Strong communications skills to effectively consult with end users to provide explanation, guidance and direction on requests and issues. Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to delivery consistent, professional communications.
- Analysis – Detail oriented. Able to gather relevant information. Able to consider a broad range of issues and factors. Able to perceive relationships among diverse technology. Able to use logic effectively. Able to analyze user requirements and issues accurately and proactively.
- Time Management – Able to set work priorities and make decisions around workload. Able to work on several tasks simultaneously. Able to identify priorities and manage time appropriately to complete them.
- Planning and Organizing – Able to plan workload in order to meet Firm and IT Department objectives around workload. Able to use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans. Able to create and follow system and applications test plans. Able to organize to ensure all workload is completed within SLAs.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment, with the skills to manage competing demands. Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events effectively.
- Resourcefulness – Is forward thinking and able to use creativity, probing and research skills. Is flexible and innovative in utilizing methods and resources. Is not wedded to a specific approach and remains open minded to ideas and approaches of collaborators.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job: Normal office working conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level within the work environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a salary commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
If you possess the requisite qualifications, and are seeking the challenge of working in a growing firm, please submit your resume in confidence.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States
Because of the high volume of calls received, only qualified candidates will be contacted for consideration.