Charles Jeanfreau has been practicing law since 1998 and has extensive experience in bankruptcy, finance, compliance and default servicing. He frequently represents clients in complex litigation involving claims brought under the FDCPA, TILA, RESPA and related state and federal statutes as well as claims brought under the Bankruptcy Code. In addition to his experience in mortgage and consumer finance related matters, Charles has extensive experience representing secured lenders, indenture trustees and other creditors in corporate restructurings whether out of court or pursuant to chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Shirley Dean Taylor v. Allied Title Lending, Cerastes LLC et al. (Case No. 18-03003-KRH, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia).
In re Dixie Pellets, LLC, Case No. 09-05411-TOM, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
In re Southaven Power, LLC, Case No. 05-32141-GRH, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
Wilmington Trust Company as Collateral Agent in connection with secured financings of Ford Motor Company and Chrysler Corporation and Chrysler’s subsequent bankruptcy case.
Representation of BNY Capital Partners and The 1818 Mezzanine Fund in out of court restructuring of Caliber Holdings Corp.
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1991
- New York University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences , M.A., 1994
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- New York
- New Jersey
- Vermont (State Court Only)
- Colorado (Federal Court Only)
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Intellectual Property Issues in Bankruptcy, Bloomberg Corporate Law Journal, Vol. 1 Issue 3 (Summer 2006).
- The Limits of the Independence Principle: In re Builder’s Transport, Inc., Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, Vol. 2 No. 8 (April/May 2007) (with Aisha L. Williams).
- Delaware Hits The Brakes: The Effect of Gheewalla and Trenwick on Creditor Claims, Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, Vol. 17, No. 1 (Feb. 2008) (with Dianne F. Coffino).
- Exemptions From Securities Act Registration Requirements Under Section 1145 of the Bankruptcy Code, Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, Vol. 6 No. 4 (June 2010)
- In re DBSD North America, Inc.: Congress Meant What It Said and Said What It Meant, Absolute Priority One Hundred Percent, Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, Vol 20 # 3 (June 2011).
- Unexpected Setbacks for Creditors in Chapter 11 Cases, Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, 2012 ed.