Geoffrey K. Milne is a Senior Partner in the Northeast Litigation Group for McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC. With over 25 years of experience, Mr. Milne has represented banks, mortgage companies, and servicers in lender liability, business torts, mortgage fraud, title insurance and consumer related claims under truth in lending, fair credit reporting, and fair debt collection matters through trial and appeal in Connecticut and Federal Courts. Attorney Milne specializes in complex litigation, defense of consumer under FDCPA, TILA, FCRA, and other consumer statutes as well as appeals in state and federal court. He extends his expertise in these matters at various national litigation conferences. In addition to this, Mr. Milne has been recognized as a Connecticut Super Lawyer* involving business and creditor’s rights litigation from 2011-2019 and the Top 100 High Stakes Litigator’s for Connecticut.
*Information regarding Connecticut selection statistics for Connecticut Super Lawyers can be found here: https://www.superlawyers.com/connecticut/selection_details.html
- Villanova University (J.D.)
- Marist College
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Connecticut Foreclosures, an Attorneys Manual of Practice and Procedure, 7th Ed., Caron and Milne, © 2017, The Connecticut Law Tribune, a Division of American Lawyer Media.
- Business Torts, a 50 State Guide, by Morton Daller, contributing author 2017.
- Co-author, Connecticut Foreclosures, 10th Ed., Caron & Milne, featuring in depth analysis of defenses and counterclaims to foreclosures, appeals, FDCPA, FCRA and foreclosures in federal court.
- Contributing author, Business Torts, a Fifty State Guide, Daller (2020).