Jack Duncan is a senior attorney with McCalla Raymer Leibert, LLC. Mr. Duncan brings over 20 years of legal expertise in representing financial institutions to our growing practice in Alabama. Attorney Duncan has vast experience throughout the ambit of consumer and commercial lending from loan origination and closings to loan workouts, foreclosure, liquidation, guarantor collection and counter claims defense.
Jack has appeared on behalf of secured creditors, trustees and other non-debtor parties in Chapter 7, 11, 12 and 13 cases in all bankruptcy districts within the state of Alabama. His experience includes first-chair litigation counsel in complex adversary proceedings for both consumer and commercial cases. His clients in Chapter 11 cases include banks, financial institutions, institutional lenders, landlords, manufacturers, Trustees and other organizations.
In addition to this, Mr. Duncan represents community banks regarding drafting of loan documents in complex transactions, including construction and development projects. He has served as local counsel to large capital investors and hedge funds in multi-tiered financing projects.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. 1996
- The University of Alabama Manderson Graduate School of Business, M.A. 1993
- The University of Alabama , Culverhouse College of Business, B.S. 1992
- Commercial Law Section American Bankruptcy Institute Madison County Bar Association Alabama Banker’s Association Mortgage Bankers Association of North Alabama
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Mt. Carmel Estates, Inc. vs. Regions Bank, 853 So.2d. 160 (Ala. 2002) –In re Diamantis 380 B.R. 838 (Bkrtcy. N.D. Ala. 2006) –Wenger Tree Service vs. Royal Truck & Equipment, Inc., 853 So.2d 888 (Ala. 2002)