Kimberly Wright is a partner with McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC’s Georgia Litigation & Trial Practice group. Ms. Wright focuses her legal practice on the defense of creditors’ rights. Specifically, she defends mortgage lenders and loan servicers, as well as other types of financial institutions, in State and Federal Courts. The cases Ms. Wright handles involve a wide variety of claims, including, but not limited to, wrongful foreclosure, wrongful eviction, violation of Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and other State and Federal laws. In addition to this, Ms. Wright represents clients in HOA litigation, title curative matters, and condemnation actions.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- The University of Mississippi, B.B.A., cum laude, 2003
- Georgia, 2007
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court (Northern, Southern, and Middle Districts of Georgia)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Panelist: “Shedding Light on the Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act: What You Need to Know,” USFN Loan Management & Servicing Seminar, San Antonio, Texas (June 6, 2013).
- “Georgia Supreme Court Decision Resolves Foreclosure Requirements,” USFN e-update (June 2013).
- “Georgia Supreme Court Rule on Standing & Foreclosure Requirements in You case,” American Legal & Financial Network Legal Update, (May 2013).
- “Who is the ‘Secured Creditor’ with Standing to Foreclose under Georgia Law?,” USFN e-update (January 2013).
- “Who Has Standing to Foreclose?”, USFN Report (Winter 2013)
- Panelist discussing the Home Affordable Modification Program as it relates to debtors in bankruptcy, McCalla Raymer, LLC’s Women’s Law Symposium, Greensboro, Georgia (November 4, 2010).
- “Making Your Community A Smoke-Free Environment,” Georgia Commons, First Quarter 2008.
- “Are Your Pool Rules Up to Snuff?,” Georgia Commons, Second Quarter 2008.
- “Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act,” Georgia Commons, Third Quarter 2008.
- “How to Draw a Crowd to the Annual Meeting,” Georgia Commons, Fourth Quarter 2008.
- “It’s Pool Time! Will Your Swim Attire Pass the Test?,” Community Advisor, Spring/Summer 2008.