Rich Haber is Managing Partner of the firm’s mortgage servicing litigation practice in New York and New Jersey. Rich has over 20 years’ experience handling mortgage foreclosures, bankruptcy actions, evictions and related litigation. Mr. Haber has litigated thousands of contested foreclosures and title-related matters, and regularly defends mortgage servicers from claims brought under state consumer fraud laws and federal statutes including FDCPA, TILA, RESPA, FCRA and TCPA.
During the financial crisis, Rich worked in-house at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., and assisted with the creation of its attorney oversight program. Rich has been recognized for achievements in the areas of law and business, having been named by the New Jersey Law Journal as a New Leader of the Bar (formerly 40 under 40) in 2012, and by NJBIZ as a 40 under 40 Rising Business Star in 2015. Rich was previously an adjunct professor at his alma mater, teaching Legal Research and Writing to first year law students.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, 2001
- Seton Hall University, 1998
- New York
- New Jersey
- American Legal & Financial Network (ALFN)
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- NY City Bar Association Task Force on Foreclosure
- NJ State Bar Association
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Approved CLE provider – prepared and presented numerous courses for client’s in-house legal department; served on numerous panels at industry conferences and events
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Limitations on Private Actions Against Furnishers of Information, presented at American Conference Institute’s Consumer Finance Class Actions and Litigation Conference, Chicago, July 2017 https://www.americanconference.com/consumer-finance-class-actions-litigation-2/
- Residential Foreclosure Actions in New York State, presented by the Practising Law Institute, New York City, February 2013 https://www.pli.edu/Content/Faculty/Richard_P_Haber/_/N-4oZ1z12nqo?fromsearch=false&ID=PE917610
- Law Firm and Vendor Oversight, presented at National Mortgage News’ Mortgage Regulatory Forum, Washington, D.C., September 2011 https://www.bradley.com/-/media/files/insights/events/2011/09/managing-effective-and-sustainable-attorney-over__/files/brochure/fileattachment/mortgage-regulatory-forum-brochure.pdf • Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Update, presented at New Jersey State Bar Association’s Annual Meeting & Convention, Atlantic City, May 2010